It is a week before election day and one wonders whether there will be some sort of last minute surprise. Like in 2016 when the FBI Director announced 11 days before the election that Hillary Clinton’s emails were again under investigation, only to say ‘nevermind’ a week later.
- Will there be a leak from Robert Mueller’s office or any of the attorney generals investigating Trump, Inc?
- Will Hillary Clinton say something stupid? (And why is she still in the public eye?)
- Does Michael Avenatti have another client in the wings ready to spill?
- Will the Russians get caught red handed?
- Will extreme Trump supporters try to kill more people?
The odds are at least 50/50 on something happening. If it does, which side will it help? The last minute Kavenaugh kerfuffle turned out to be a great motivator for Trump’s Republican base. Is there anything that will get more millennials or Hispanics to the polls for the Democrats without firing up the other side as well?
We will know soon enough.